Yes, I understand that Punxsutawney Phil is a rodent, and not a meteorologist. But was I the only one happy he predicted an early Spring? I’m ready for tribal prints, shorts, sleeveless sheaths, single-sole sandals and pumps, chic mix-and-match patterns, seersucker and linen!
We’ve already told you Emerald Green is 2013’s signature color, but if you’re ready to spring forward fashion-wise, here are the top ten looks for ladies and gents suggested by Arlene Goldstein (Belk‘s Vice President of Trend Merchandising and Fashion Direction) at their recent Spring Fashion Tour:
Women’s Most Wanted:
- Bold-print dress (tribal prints are so NOW)
- Silky top
- Spring jacket (how about a soft motorcycle jacket?)
- Fancy pant (try a cropped length in a super-chic pattern!)
- Fashion wedge (give your platforms a rest this season!)
- Novelty knit
- Something lacy (so ladylike!)
- New tote (Michael Kors has some great options)
Men’s Most Wanted:
- Slim-fit jean (ahem…not skinny)
- Novelty short
- Preppy shoes (time to break out the boat shoes, fellows)
- Prominent patterns
- Prepster ties (prepare to see knit ties return!)
- Spring sport coat
- Bold stripes
- Soft-colored dress shirts
To help spring-board your style statements this season, how about a giveaway? SCDD is giving away a goody bag featuring Isaac Mizrahi’s “Fabulous” new fragrance, Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair and Perfectionist Wrinkle-Lifting Serum, a 5 Piece Nail Polish set by Parisian Beauty (perfect for jump-starting your manicure), and AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream and Time to Clear Purifying Mud Mask…sure to bring your winter look out of hibernation! These lovely products are all available at your destination for Modern Southern Style: Belk!
Want to win? Leave “I want to Spring Forward!” in the comment section, “like” SameChicDifferentDay.com on Facebook, or follow SCDD on Twitter (@SameChicSouth). If you’re already following SCDD via social media, you must post a link to this contest and tag @SameChicSouth (Twitter) or SCDD (Facebook) so that I can track your sharing. Please use a valid email address so I can contact you if you are the winner! The drawing will be held this Friday, February 8 at noon. All decisions final.