I inspire someone? Little ole me? Well, that’s Gone with the Wind Fabulous! A big thanks to Karri Bentley for presenting me with this honor. I have to say that I am really inspired by all the women I’ve become acquainted with in Birmingham who are writing their hearts out and sharing their unique journeys. I am blessed and proud to be part of such a supportive, creative community of dynamic women.
And according to Karri I am now to:
Display the award image on my blog. (check)
- Link back to the person who nominated you. (check)
- State 7 things about yourself. (below)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites. (below)
- Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
Seven Things about Me:
- I’m afraid of flying and am known to freak out on airplanes. Like, “I need a shot of tequila or a horse tranquilizer or maybe both before flying” afraid. Well – I’m not really afraid of flying…I’m afraid of crash landings! And I’m good for buzzing the stewardess and asking questions about strange noises or the pilot’s credentials.
- I’m funny about my hair. It’s been chemical relaxer-free going on five years, it took me a long time to grow it out and to learn how to keep it healthy AND I’m tenderheaded. So one of my biggest pet peeves is when random people try to put their hands on or in it. Yes, this happens, and it’s as creepy as walking up and rubbing a random pregnant woman’s belly. Just don’t do it!
- I advocate on behalf of the sexual assault survivor community and I will go to my grave fighting for survivors to have a voice and access to the resources they need. Community service and volunteerism are a crucial commitment for me, and I’m very proud to be a member of a service organization that impacts the Birmingham community in such a positive manner.
- I walked with a limp for close to a year, thanks to a roller skating accident when I was in middle school. Add ill-considered tinted glasses, bushy eyebrows and weird hair and the fact that my mother insisted I take PE to the mix and yeah, middle school was torture for me. And because of the afore-mentioned weird hair, I will never willingly wear bangs again. Oh – and thanks to a great chiropractor and brow waxer, I no longer have the limp or the wolf brows.
- I love to dance…in secret. Put on The Wobble, THIS by Maze, pre-1990s Michael Jackson, or EU (Sorry, Mom!) and I’m all over the the kitchen or living room floor. Literally, because I’m not that coordinated.
- I make a meeeeeeeeeean seafood gumbo. I’d tell you what’s in it, but then I’d have to kill you.
- I love classic films and television. I watch marathons of The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents every year, and I live for the Turner Classic Movies channel. (If I told you how many times I’ve seen Gone with the Wind, Imitation of Life, The Little Foxes, All About Eve, The Wiz and Giant you wouldn’t believe me.)
Blogs that Inspire Me (in no particular order)
- Karri is So Very
- Destination Supermodel
- Erica B’s DIY Style
- The Writeous Babe Project
- Magic City Made
- Glitter ‘n Glue
- All the Pretty Birds
- Marie Sutton Writes
- Vodka Cranberry Clooney
- Vintage Black Glamour
- Stellar Fashion and Fitness
- A Belle in Brooklyn
- Vintage Goodness
You really ARE Gone With the Wind fabulous! So, now you’ve got me dancing in my office to PYT.
Awww, thank you lady!
Hey DestinationSuperModel.com inspires you? My dear, you started it going in all of your fabulousness in noticing Kaylon Nichole and her journey. AND, you aren’t afraid to share your amazing essence with others! Now that’s pretty chic! xoxo
It’s a real honor to know I inspire someone as fabulous as you are. If I could be half as fly as you I’d be happy!
Congrats, lady! It’s always fab to be honored, right? Now twirl, Miss Gone with the Wind fab! :0) LOL!!!
Oh wow. Thank you so much. And, thank YOU for inspiring us all with your fabulousness. 🙂