Mark your calendars, darlings! The Riverchase Galleria will debut its new flagship Belk during a Grand Opening Celebration next Thursday. This remodel and expansion project has been two years in the making. Ready to shop ’til you drop? Join Belk for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9:30 AM; the first 400 people will receive Belk Gift Cards worth $5-$500! And that’s not all: Belk will donate $65,000 to local charities in honor of its grand opening. The charities include the United Way, Birmingham Children’s Theatre, Red Mountain Theatre, Hoover City Schools, and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama.
As you evaluate your fall wardrobe, Belk has you covered with clothing and accessories which make modern, southern statements. What’s on its Fall Most Wanted List for Women? Here are some pieces that can help you update your look this season:
- The Soft Pant – Easy elegance is a given with a bottom that will bring a big bang to any wardrobe; softly structured and often athletic inspired. Start with solids and work your way up to bold patterns. Fem is fresher than ever with a sporty attitude.
- Longer Skirts – Go over the knee, mid-calf or all the way. These new lengths are fast becoming show stopping style staples.
- The Creative Cardigan -This sweater is the season’s must have completer piece with fresh shapes, clever trims and interesting textures. Let the layering begin!
- The Novelty Vest – Who Wore What When? Well who knows, but if she wore it with a vest–furry, fluffy, quilted or tailored–then the look was on its way to awesome. Try it! Pair it with a longer skirt for extra style points.
- The Fashion Sweatshirt – On loan from the gym, this item has had more staying power than anyone could have predicted. Fabric blocking and luxe embellishments have elevated this top from “so so” to seriously chic.
- The Tunic Top – No bells, no whistles. Go glam in a top that is pure perfection with its practical polish. High-low hems continue, while novelty fabrics feel so right.
- The Midi Length Sheath – Take a look at a twist on a tried and true silhouette. This is the dress that turns a classic into a cause for celebration.
- The Statement Neck – Logical or luxurious? Both! Bold stones, chain details and burnished metals. This jewelry item can update and refresh any old frock!
- Over the Knee Boots – Strut your stuff in this fall fashion phenomenon. They feel modern and look so stylish. Worn with slim pants or skirt, it will most definitely deserve a selfie.
- The Satchel – With its simple shape and subtle details, this classic bag captures an “of the moment” fashion vibe. Perfect to add a pop of color to any look.