Elle reports Kim Kardashian spends an estimated $1,700 on her daily makeup routine (including tools). If you don’t have that kind of cash, there are ways to save on your beauty buys while still pampering yourself! I find that by shopping in a variety of places, I can be more selective. And saving on certain items leaves you a few more coins to splurge on pricy moisturizer or perfume.
Here are some items straight from my vanity., as shared on Talk of Alabama today:
- KISS “Shy” Lashes, $4.50 at WalGreens: Yes, J. Lo may wear mink lashes, but that doesn’t mean you should. Save by buying these, which even have tapered (vs. blunt) ends, lending to a softer look. These are a great way to make your eyes “pop” during a night out, and are easy to apply. (Incidentally, Elle says KK spends about $2.99 a pair for her lashes.)
- Urban Decay “All Nighter” Makeup Setting Spray, $14.00-$30.00 at Ulta: Need your look to last for hours? I swear by this spray, which is oil and paraben free and as stated, “stops makeup meltdown.” It’s for all skin types, keeps your makeup vibrantand creates smoother-looking skin without settling into fine lines. The travel size is perfect for your purse or vanity case, and smaller sizes keep you from stockpiling more than you need.
- Estee Lauder Take it Away Makeup Remover, $28 at department stores: When you’re finally ready to remove your “face,” try this soothing lotion: it removes longwear and waterproof makeup. It has a light citrus scent and leaves skin soft without a greasy residue. I received it as a free gift with purchase: so don’t throw those away! They’re great opportunities to try new products, and again, smaller sizes are easier to try, travel with and toss.
- L’Oreal Elnett Extra-Soft Hold Hairspray, $9.99/12.99 at Target: Ladies, if you’re searching for a hairspray that holds in our hot, humid climate, this is one to try. The smaller size is $9.99, BUT: a little goes a long way and it works! It gives hair high shine and satin finish, minus flaking–and you it doesn’t leave you with super-stiff “helmet hair.” And might I mention, it’s been around for four decades?
- C. Booth Mimosa Honeysuckle Shaving Oil, $5.99 at T.J. Maxx/$29.99 at Amazon: Talk about a deal! This oil softens hair, guards against ingrown hairs and enhances razor glide–plus it smells delicious! And a little goes a very long way. Check the price tag, then head over to TJ Maxx and Marshall’s for deals on major beauty brands.
- The Body Shop Honeymania Bath Melt and Exfoliant Creme, $5.99 each at T.J. Maxx/$13-15 each at Amazon: These are full size, super-pampering products also found at TJ Maxx, for $5.99 each. Soak in the Bath Melt bubble bath, exfoliate with the creme (before shaving with #5!) and still have money left in your wallet.