I had an absolute blast today at WALA Fox 10′s Studio 10 today! I grilled a batch of Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa’s Cinnamon Spice Grilled Pineapple, and shared a few smart summer grilling tips from leading meal delivery service BistroMD! In case you missed it, watch the video by clicking HERE.
A very special thanks to Linh Ha, Mr. Marcus, Cherish Lombard, Chasity Byrd and Joe Emer for their hospitality, to my mother for being my sous chef and set helper today, to my father for enduring my impromptu rehearsal at 11:00 last night…and to everyone who tuned in via television and the live stream!
Bistro MD’s Summer Grilling Tips:
Grill Tip #1
Use spices and herbs for seasonings instead of pre-made marinades/sauces which enables the cook to control sugar and sodium.
Grill Tip #2
Season freshly chopped veggies with seasonings of your choice and toss in a bit of olive oil. Then wrap the veggies into a foil pouch. Place pouch on top grill rack while meat is grilling and flip occasionally. This times your meat and your veggies to complete at the same time.
Grill Tip #3
Use leftover grilled veggies the next day on a salad or as a homemade pizza topper, or use them with your leftover grilled chicken or steak for fajitas.
Grill Tip #4
Grill your favorite summer fruit! I tried pineapple, but you could also use peaches, figs, or pears. Check out the video for a how-to!
And for the recipe:
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa’s Cinnamon Spice Grilled Pineapple
• 1 pineapple peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch thick pieces
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg ground
• 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Balsamic vinegar, to taste
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients except pineapple and balsamic vinegar
2. Marinate pineapple slices in mixture for 15 minutes
3. Grill pineapple on each side for 2 minutes
4. Remove from heat and cool
5. Serve hot or cold, drizzled with balsamic vinegar